Saturday 10 November 2012

Following in Mike's footsteps to Capstone Park

Hi All
       After Mike took those pictures of the Heron I just had to go and see for myself. Sure enough the Grey Heron was there but I could only find one, so maybe Mike saw the someone twice, I don't know.

This afternoon the Moorhens are trying hard to take over the fastest bird on water trophy. I am sure that one I saw was moving at the speed of light. Coot's (its main contender) were moving at a sedate few miles an hour.

Here enough talking, this is what I took.


Moorhen
  This is the Moorhen moving at the speed of light, honest.


Mallard
Taking it easy

Grey Lag
Head and shoulder above the rest


Any food Mister

Staying together


Gulls
Well you will just have to wait until tomorrow to see the Heron

Thanks for looking


2 comments:

  1. Smashing shots Trev, the other one was right up the other end of the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love the 'staying together' shot Trev... I think of it as 'we are family' lol Glad you are out and about again .. the rain has been terrible ! Lovely pictures Trev with smashing close ups!
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks You for your comment