Monday 14 May 2012

Crescent Venus

Hi All
       Something I have been meaning to do for ages is get a image of the planet Venus. Well tonight at 8:00PM GMT(2100) I grabbed my camera and went outside.

I took a couple of images using my 300mm lens at around 2000 at F7.1.


What did surprise me was that Venus was in crescent mode. Venus and Mercury are inner planet so show crescents just like our Moon. Now I have seen Venus in crescent in the telescope loads of time but this is the first time I have taken an image of it. It is small but you can still see the crescent.

Venus in crescent taken at F7.1 at 2000 sec.
This is all for now, I hope to get out tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Have fun, thanks for looking.


7 comments:

  1. Wadda you mean 'Thanks fer looking' I had a hard time seeing the blooming thing lol lol

    Just pulling yer leg Trev ... interesting picture. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Eileen, it stand out like a double decker bus, you don't go to Spect-savers then. it is big enough if you click on it. LOL

    Jimbo is flying and has not been on the floor but took off from the top of his cage and landed back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super stuff Trev.....well done Jimbo !!
    regards
    Chris and Dave R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Trev, never mind mate, perhaps Eileen had her sunglasses on after doing her crafting. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Mike Eileen need to go to Spect-savers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trev, off to Brighton in the morning, so will not comment for a few days, will catch up when we return !
    Have a good week,
    hugs
    Chris and Dave R
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks You for your comment